Top 5 albums you wished you had in your collection (If you want, tell us why you want these albums)
1. Box Of Scorpions - The Scorpions
Obviously, I want this one because it is Scorpions and I must have all things Scorpions...
2. Blue Tattoo - Vanilla Ninja
These lovely ladies from Estonia have a great sound, but I'll be waiting a while for this one. Their material has not been released in the United States and I've got to import it from Germany. Currently this one is not available...
3. Rocket To Russia - The Ramones
I discovered that I like this band quite by accident. This will probably be the first item on my wish list that I actually buy, since the price is only $9.75.
4. Something Happening - Paul Revere & The Raiders
This one is lost somewhere in my vinyl collection. I'd really love to listen to it again. The answer would be to purchase the CD which is available...
5. Daylight Again - Crosby, Stills & Nash
The harmonies on this album are incredible! It is a part of my vinyl collection, but I'd really like to have it on CD.
Life is full of little (and big) frustrations. In honor of this fact, my thirteen for this week is:
Thirteen people or things that will eventually drive me to the looney bin!
1. Gary Puckett - Gary claims to be playing somewhere in Hershey, PA on June 4. I really want to see him, but no one in Hershey seems to know anything about this supposed concert of his...
2. The Scorpions - I know that I'm repeating myself, but aren't these guys ever going to play another show in the northeastern United States?!
3. My job - Eight years of working six days a week is more than enough to drive anybody crazy!
4. Bob Anderson - Also working six days a week, right next to me. BLECH! Doesn't he ever take a day off?!
5. "The Estranged One" - Driving me crazy for nearly twenty-one years! Currently he's not speaking to me, but he still drives me nuts.
6. The Kids Bop Kids - Does anybody really buy this crap? Someone, PLEASE, make them go away!
7. WLTJ Light FM - The radio station from Hell!
8. Keith Urko - The mechanic who is SUPPOSED to be fixing my car. Whether or not he actually is doing so is debatable!
9. "Layla Trains" - My dearly departed border collie could pull these trains faster than they travel through the city of Monongahela.
10. Road kill - There is nothing worse than stopping to deliver someone's mail, looking down, and seeing some poor mangled critter's dead eyes staring up at you.
11. Road construction - It seems that construction season is twelve months long this year!
12. My missing guitars - Mildred and Gregg, where are you? How can something so large just disappear. I wish that a certain someone would come clean about what he did to them so that I can kill him and have done with it!
13. Public service announcements - Quit telling me how to live!
Suspiciously absent from the list is The Moody Bitch, who seems to have finally disappeared. YAY! I can't say that I miss her.
Wednesday, March 29, 2006
Hump Day Hunks
It's midweek, the perfect time for a bit of eye candy!
Let's start with some lovelies from the Crazy World tour program.
And now for one of my favorite sexy 60s rockers...
Hump Day Hunt
It's the time of week for another meme from the photography loving Foto Pherrets.
The Pherret mememistress says: I must admit that the pherret in charge was at a loss for words this week. For once our word is quite random. I asked a friend to list some words for me, and this is the one that I selected: Sweet
It doesn't get much sweeter than these foil wrapped chocolates!
1. Do you use a bag/sachel/wallet? I prefer to call it a purse, and I'd be lost without it!
2. Do you use the same bag/sachel/wallet everyday or change depending on your outfit? I usually carry the same purse every day, until it falls apart! An excwption may be made for formal occasions.
3. What do you carry in your bag/sachel/wallet? I have been accused of having everything except the kitchen in there! If I could fit it in there, I'd probably be carrying it around too.
4. Do you check and change the contents of your bag/sachel/wallet before you go anywhere specific or do you take everything everywhere? I check to be sure that what I need is in there. I seldom remove anything, unless it is getting too full.
5. How often do you have a good clean out of your bag/sachel/wallet? Not often enough. I think that there might be something living in there...
I was just reading about the seal hunt in Canada. How disgusting! Please help these cute little critters by signing the petition here!
Reading about this has inspired my thirteen this week...
Thirteen critters who I like better than most people
1. Dogs - A perfect example of unconditional love!
2. Cats - Independent critters who will sometimes give you the honor of living with them!
3. Horses - These animals really know how to have fun!
4. Deer - I've had many a conversation with the ones on my route.
5. Pigeons - I might toss them around when they try to steal my funnel cake, but generally, I like them.
6. Squirrels - Or as I sometimes call them, Justin!(All squirrels are named Justin)
7. Peacocks - Beautiful birds who can make some really strange noises!
8. Dolphins - Please buy dolphin safe tuna!
9.Wild Turkeys - They're big and stupid, just like most of the men that I know!
10. Llamas - And for some strange reason, these camel cousins like me too! Have YOU ever been kissed by a llama?!
11. Skunks - Skunks DO NOT stink, they make YOU stink!
12. Ducks - Did you know that these guys mate for life?
13. Seals - You did sign the petition, didn't you?
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
Hump Day Hunt
It's time for the weekly photo meme from the folks at Foto Pherrets.
It's here! In celebration of the start of a new season, the word this week is: Spring
When the daffodils begin to bloom, you know that spring has arrived!
I've Taken Back My Blog!
Moody Bitches be damned! I've taken back my blog. I'm sick of them. I had made too many concessions to their queen. Changing my web address was painful, but at the time I thought that it had to be done. I wish that I hadn't. It seems that Anne "I-Don't-Know-To-Spell-Barney" Blake has taken over my old ladystarlight.blogspot.com address. Feel free to visit the queen of Moody Bitches there and flag her. Leave her hateful comments. Teach the blogstalking creep how it feels to be harassed!
When you are done, please update your links to my new web address. I will hide from these idiots no more. If they don't like what I post, they are as always free to leave (and not return, please)! The offending IP addresses have been blocked from commenting. My Tag Board has been removed. If they want to stare at my webpage and seethe, that's fine by me too!
Now, in celebration of my liberation, here are some lovely Hump Day Hunks!
1. When driving in my car, my radio station is usually tuned tooff. I never listen to the radio by choice. I prefer to use the CD player. Having had a relationship with someone who worked in Pittsburgh radio, I know too much about the internal politics of radio stations to be able to tolerate listening to them.
2. When I turn my television on, even if I'm not really paying close attention to it, it's usually on channel296. Those who have Direct TV will recognise the channel number as that of Cartoon Network. I never outgrew my love for animation.
3. If I owned another pet, I would own ahorse, becauseI've always wanted one. I already have four pets, two cats and two dogs, so I edited this one a bit.
4. I own aCannon BJC 1000printer. I bought it becauseit was cheap! I love my cheap little printer. It prints nicely and it's easy to use. I've had it for more than five years. It's becoming difficult to find replacement ink cartridges for it. I dread the day that I am forced to replace it.
5. You can find all kinds of books in my bookshelves, but mostly this type:science fiction. One of these days I'm going to renew my membership in the Science Fiction Book Club...
6. I take aboutas many pictures as I canevery month. Some months that may be hundreds of photos, others it may be just five or ten.
7. I blog about75times a month. Based on a 30 day month, this is a combined total for all of my blogs and my live journal.
8. I've been really busydelivering maillately. As always, thanks to my six day work week.
Sunday, March 19, 2006
It Comes Without Warning
I love George Harrison. The man, his music, his faith, are all an inspiration to me. I have never dealt with his death very well. For over a year following his death, I was unable to listen to his music without bursting into tears. I'm getting better now, but sometimes I still relapse, like today when Media Player decided that I really needed to listen to George.
Here's a sampling of his songs that popped up on my shuffle:
Dark Horse Run Of The Mill Rising Sun Pisces Fish
The fact that most of the sings were from Brainwashed just made it worse. As I listened to the tracks from that album, I couldn't help but thinking how George's voice sounded so beautiful. Certainly he did not sound like a man who was near death. As this crossed my mind, the tears came. Oh, how I miss George...
At least there is some consolation in the fact that George still lives on in son, Dhani, who looks and sounds more like his clone than his son!
Saturday, March 18, 2006
The Lyrical Truth
Sometimes song lyrics can hit you with the truth better than any other method of communication. My recent rediscovery of my passion for Gary Puckett has lead me to realize this truth, childhood crushes never really go away. They just go into hiding, waithing for the day that you remember them.
Oh, how well I remember this one!
Imagine my surprise to hear a very lyrical version of this truth in one of Gary's songs, Over You!
"And I guess there's just no getting over you There's nothing I can do Wasting all of my time Out of my mind Over you..."
Friday, March 17, 2006
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
It's March 17, the feast of St. Patrick, a day when all good Irishmen (everybody's Irish on St. Patrick's Day) honor the great saint who drove the snakes from Ireland by eating lots of corned beef and cabbage and drinking plenty of green beer.
Green...? Beeer...? Blech! Lady Starlight just isn't Irish, not even on St. Patrick's Day!
But I'm not one to be a party pooper, so here is a cute little riddle that is rather appropriate for the holiday:
How did the Irish Jig get started? Too much to drink and not enough restrooms!
I've often said that Peter Pan is my idol. I don't want to grow up. I don't want to get older! With that said, here is my Thursday Thirteen for this week...
Thirteen things that make me realize that I'm getting older
1. No one asks me for ID when I buy cigarettes or booze anymore.
2. My son goes to the polling place with me on election day, and he votes.
3. When my hair is not dyed, the gray hairs outnumber the brown ones.
4.I am old enough to be the mother of several of the most recently hired people in my office.
5. I remember watching Neil Armstrong's first steps on the moon.
6. I've had a driver's license since 1978, and I was older than 16 when I got it!
7. My high school graduating class has its twenty-fifth reunion, LAST YEAR!
8. I can remember when the World Trade Centers were being BUILT.
9. I learned to read from books featuring Dick, Jane, and Sally.
10. As a child, I rode in cars that had no seat belts. Airbags were unheard of!
11. Much of my vast musical collection is on vinyl Lps and 45s.
12. Most of the guys that I had crashes on as a little girl are now in their 60s.
13. I look at the aforementioned 60+ year old guys, and they still look good to me!
Yeah, I'm obsessing on him....
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
It's Hump Day!
Midweek has arrived already.The blahs begin to set in as the weekend, or in my case, Sunday, still seems so far away. That's where the Hump Day hunks come in. Nothing beats the midweek blahs like these hunks that I'd like to hump!!!!
And, of course...
Klaus Meine and Matthias Jabs
Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Another Crazy Day
Sometimes life likes to throw you as many curves as it can. Today was one of those days.It all started with the weather...
Yesterday was a beautifl day. The sun was shining, temperatures were in the 70s. This morning I awoke to temperatures in the 30s, sleet, and winds strong enough to send a small child off to the land of Oz! Spring is supposed to be arriving on Monday. I certainy hope that the weather soon realizes this. I am so sick of being cold.
My car is still in the shop. I've talked to the mechanic (finally), and he's promised to get it fixed ASAP, but at this point I just don't believe him. So for now I am still stuck depending on other people to get me to where I need to go.Which brings about bit #2 of today's craziness...
Grandma was 99 on Friday. Today she had an appointment to see her doctor. It was in the afternoon, so I knew I would be waiting until she was finished there to get a ride home from work. When Grandma arrived at the doctor's office, they discovered that she was retaining large amounts of fluid. She was admitted to the hospital for observation. I was left waiting in the cold for my ride for quite a while with the added extra of worrying about the state of Grandma's health.
Grandma is doing well, but this really terrifies me. I know that she is 99 years old. I know that I will not have her forever. I cannot imagine life without her. I want to have that big bash for her next year for her birthday #100! I don't need any nasty reality interfering with my plans. Grandama WILL be there next year, dammit!
Bit of craziness #3 comes from my best buddy, Pam.Life just doesn't want to give that poor girl a break. It seems that abusive friend that she is living with has thrown her out of the house again. I offered her a bed in my home, but she would not stay. She knows that she cannot stay with me for an extended period, so she's probably going to go begging back to her abuser. It's a catch 22 situation. She really has no place to go. She doesn't have enough money to afford a place of her own and the women's shelter has refused to take her in again because she continues to go back to the abusive situation. I calmed her down a bit, but I worry about her so...
I do so hope things look better for all of us tomorrow.
A - Listen to Savage Amusement. Animal Magnetism, and Acoustica by The Scorpions
Y - Yikes! I don't do anything that starts with Y!
Sunday, March 12, 2006
Continuing in the tradition of the wenches, I bring you a bit of Sunday silliness.
Why is it that truly beautiful men seem to love silly hays so much?
Who knows, and who cares?! I like getting beauty and giggles all in the same place! Keep on wearing those hats, gus.
Saturday, March 11, 2006
John Lennon was so very right. Instant Karma IS going to get you! I experienced a bit of it myself yesterday.
You all know that my car is currently incapacitated by engine problems. It is the same car that I bought back in August which had supposedly just had the head gasket replaced. I do believe that this was true, because the current problem was caused by antifreeze getting into the oil, something which would happen if the head gasket work was not done properly.
Before I left work yesterday, my friend called me offering me a ride home. She was having some work done on her car in my hometown and was heading that way to pick it up. She and the guy from the auto shop who was giving her a lift to her car would have no problem picking me up. Since she would be able to get me home much more quickly than if I waited for someone else to pick me up, I accepted her offer.
When she introduced me to the guy from the garage, I knew that I knew him from somewhere. His name was Scott, he said. Bells went off in my head. I did know this guy, he was the one who had sold me my poor sick car, I was certain. To be sure that I was correct, I asked if he was from the town across the river and if his surname was Smith (changed to protect the innocent and the guilty). He said yes, but that he could not remember me. Where had we met before, he asked. I told him that he had sold me a Red Cavalier back in August, the car that was currently having engine problems. Then I slugged him!
He said that he couldn't remember selling such a car. What a goddamned liar! I guess that he expected me to believe that his evil twin, who just happens to have the same name and lives in the same town, had sold me the car that had the shoddy engine work done on it. Give me a break. I'm not THAT stupid. It's not as if he had totally ripped me off. The price that I paid for the car was far less than the blue book value. Even with the price of the current repairs added to what I paid, I still will not have reached the price listed there, so why should he deny selling me the car. The only reason I can think of is that he knew of the shoddy repairs that had been done.
It felt good to slug him. He deserved it. Instant karma got him!
Friday, March 10, 2006
My Strange Musical Mix
I've compiled the tracklisting for my musical questions and answers mixed CD. As I had hoped, it is a truly eclectic mix of musical styles, one that might send your average listener into a state of traumatic shock.
Here it is:
1. Is There Anybody There? - The Scorpions 2. I Am - Bon Jovi 3. Where Do I Hide? - Nickelback 4. Ohio - Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young 5. When Will It End? - Wild Horses 6. Tuesday Afternoon - The Moody Blues 7. What Is Life? - George Harrison 8. Traces Of Sadness - Vanilla Ninja 9. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad? - Def Leppard 10. I Need You - The Beatles 11. What's This Thing? - Wild Horses 12. I Can't Explain - The Scorpions 13. Do You Love Me That Much? - Peter Cetera 14. I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family 15. Who Says You Can't Go Home? - Bon Jovi 16. You And I - The Scorpions
All that is left to do is to pop a blank CD in the drive and burn it. This one should keep me happy at work tomorrow.