Today is Meteorite Day commemorating the 1908 meteorite crash in Central Siberia which caused the largest explosion in recorded history. As a warm-up and in observance of Meterorite Day, using the letters E-X-P-L-O-S-I-O-N list some odd habits or quirks you have. *Note: You can use "ex" for the "x"
Eats when nervous X-plosive temper Plays with the dogs on her route Lies about her age Obsessed with Matthias Jabs Slob! Irrational fear of heights Opens milk cartons on the wrong end Never owned a new car
Warmed up? Okie dokie. Don't just sit there like a bump on a log, go copy and paste the hump on your blog!
1. You have the opportunity to make a movie with your favorite star, who would the star be and what would the title and the sub-title be? Example: Richard Dreyfuss :: Jaws :: Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water Gotta invite my sis to co-star in this one with me! Richard Roxburgh :: Van Helsing II :: Dracula Returns With His Twin Brides
2. The lead story on the Eleven O'Clock News is about you ... what have you done? Why I was tossing my undergarments at certain British rock stars again, of course!
3. Blue laws are absolutely ridiculous laws that are still in law books across the nation. Example: In Devon, Connecticut, it is unlawful to walk backwards after sunset. Pick something that annoys the heck out of you and write the law against it. From this day forward, it shall be illegal to do the following in The Land Of The Morning Star (Lady Starlight's mythological home): Create or broadcast any sort of public service announcement that has the intent of making me to change my evil ways.
4. If you were in the story Alice In Wonderland, what character would you be and why? Alice In Wonderland?! Why not just send me straight to hell? I've always hated that story! If I've gotta be someone in it, I suppose I'd have to be the rabbit who is late for a very important date. Yep, that's me, always late...
5. If it did make a sound, what sound would your head make when you shake it? I suppose that it would produce some sort of musical sound, like those little balls that they make for babies to roll around.
aaaaaand ... drum roll, please
Everyone had so much fun with the Guess-A-Hump last week we've decided to try it again!
Think of an item ...
...don't tell us what the item is. Now, describe that item in brief paragrah (the size, the color, etc) but don't give it away. Okay, now you're ready to hump it up. Replace the name of the item with the word "hump". Other players will come to your blog and try to guess what your hump is. If you want to make it really interactive, let people ask yes or no questions. Tomorrow morning, post the answer to your hump and for big fun add a picture.
My hump came from Germany. My hump is inside a silver case bearing a picture of a certain type of arachnid. My hump's "American cousins" became available on June 22...
Answer: ??? As per last week, leave your guesses in my comments. I will post the answer sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Tuesday, June 29, 2004
The Night From Hell!
It started out innocently enough. I had just finished working yet another manic Monday, and was looking forward to a leisurely night in front of my computer. I planned to check out the answers that others had given to the daily memes, play with my NeoPets a bit, and talk to some friends. But, alas, my Neopets are now starving, I never saw those other answers, and my conversation with my friend was cut terribly short. "What caused my plans to go so far awry?" you may ask. I can answer you with a single word:
Yes, that evil stuff often lurks in the most unlikely places. Tag Boards are just lying in wait everywhere, waiting to do their evil. This is perhaps where I picked up mine, for I got it from someone's blog... I am not sure which is more evil, the spyware itself or the Tag Boards for foisting those little nasties upon us! Anyway, here is what happened: I clicked a link in the comments box of one of the Monday memes, intending to compare my answers to those posted there. The page was loading rather slowly and I was not feeling particularly patient at the time. I decided to close the window and check someone else's answers. Imagine my surprise when I close the window and see that my computer is downloading something that I did not approve! Damn that security hole in Internet Explorer! I break my internet connection and close all of my windows. There are two new icons on my desktop, and another in my quick links. ARRRGH!!! I run Spybot. It takes over fifteen minutes to run and remove the offending parts of these unwanted programs. With that done, I procede to remove what is left of these unwanted programs. All is well, or so I think... I reconnect. Windows start a-poppin' up everywhere! Spybot has missed something, it seems. I try to restart, but the multitude of windows popping up prevents my computer from responding. I must press the dreaded button to shut it down. Oh, Joy! Now I must deal with a scan disk as well as another fifteen minute run of Spybot... It finds a registry key change that it missed earlier. Order is once more restored to my PC, but it is now 1:30 AM. I am tired. I go to bed, my leisurely night has been shot to Hell!
The offending spyware was placed on my pc by a site trying to sell a spyware removal progam! My response to them:
Monday, June 28, 2004
Totally Useless Quizzes!
While checking out others' answers to this week's Monday Madness, I discovered the following totally useless quizzes on WickedSway's Blog. I just couldn't resist taking them myself! Here are my results...
This week's set of questions appears to be all about travel accomadations...
1. Bed & Breakfast or hotel? I stayed in a bed and breakfast but once. It was an interesting experience, but I prefer a hotel.
2. What determines where you stay?(i.e. price, accommodations, transportation, travel package) Usually my decision on where to stay is baced on price, but our choice stay in the Tropicana during last week's trip was based on one thing alone, location!
3. When determining where to stay, do you ever consider the establishment's history? (i.e. it might be haunted, location of high profile crime) The only history that I consider is whether I have stayed there previously and liked it.
4. Would such considerations sway your decision? I think that I might enjoy an overnight stay in a place that was reported to be haunted. Do you know of any?
5. Do you try and read the local paper for where you're visiting, to get an idea of what the area's like? There are umpteen copies of Atlantic City Weekly sitting in my living room right now...
Get out your dancing shows everyone, it's Mambo time! And this week, it's a special Mambo!
Let's warm up a bit this week.
Using the word "Survivor" (no, not the band...you'll see in a few minutes) list some bands you like, song titles or little tidbits about yourself for us to get to know you. Have fun with it!
Scorpions. Tee Hee! You just knew I'd use that, didn't you? Uli Jon Roth can't hold a candle to Matthias Jabs Ralph Rieckermann... I miss him! Video Killed The Radio Star I Can't Explain. The Scopions covered it. Very tired of the letter "v"! Obsession, a song from Eye II Eye Rudolf Schenker
Now it's time to Mambo like crazy. This week we're doing a "Survivor" Mambo. Let's play record executive this week. You have the choice to vote off up to 10 artists and musicians off the "Survivor --- Mambo" Island. Who would they be and why?
Wailing banshees go first!
1. Celine Dion 2. Mariah Carey 3. Whitney Houston
Talentless Tramps go next!
4. Britney Spears 5. Shania Twain 6. Janet Jackson 7. Christina Agulera 8. Sheryl Crow
Some trouble makers leave next...
Last to leave is a man who sells records on sympathy...
1. Who is the last person to make you laugh? That would have to be my sister, with her post about the seven layers of concert hell on Wenches.
Funny, but unfortunately very true...
2. Who is the last person to make you angry or upset? That title belongs to my son, Raymond, for running up our cell phone bill.
3. When is the last time you took a leisurely ride or walk? Before we left Atlantic City last Sunday morning, my sister and I took a walk along the beach.
4. When is the last time you took a vacation? See the answer to the previous question! I just got home from my first real vacation in twelve years last Sunday.
5. What is the last thing you do before turning in for the night? I turn off my computer...
Saturday, June 26, 2004
Today, exactly one week after the incredible Moody Blues show in Atlantic City, my sister and I discovered that we had achieved at least two of our allotted fifteen minutes of fame when the following was found posted on a certain Moody message board!
The bra incident:
There were a set of twin sisters at the show. The were sitting behind Cherrie and I. They were quite young (20's) and they decided to spice up the show. They tossed their bras on the stage. John looked startled at first. He tip toed around them as if they might "transmit" something if he touched them. The funny grin he had on his face was priceless! What a funny "sideshow"
The bras mentioned were, of course, ours!
Here is a photograph with each of our famous bras labeled with its owner's name.
My sister and I would like to thank the author of this post for lopping several years off our ages. Twenties indeed! I am 42, and my sister is rapidly approaching the big 3-0! Our mother is still baffled at how she managed to give birth to twins twelve and a half years apart... What is it with this twin thing, anyway? Do we really look that much alike? I suppose we must, since I recall being asked, "Are you twins?" at least four times during our vacation...
C'mon, Moody Bitch! I'm just dying to see your comments about this post, or has your humiliation over the Justin chat incident taken all of the joy away from harassing "fat ugly sluts" like us?
1. What's the most common spam mail you receive? Does the word "Viagra" mean anything to you? Most of the spam that I get is for generic Viagra or some other type of "male enhancement" product. I find it rather amusing that I get these, since I am a female.
2. How many do you get roughly in a day? Too damned many! I have several email accounts that I have quit using because all I ever get in them is spam, and the providers do not offer any spam blocking tools. I now strictly use my Yahoo! mail account which delivers all of the little nasties to a bulk folder where I can delete them without ever having to look at them.
3. Are there any spyware or foreign objects installed in your PC without your knowledge? (Name them) If they're on here without my knowledge, how can I possibly name them? I don't know that they're here! But if you're referring to things installed without my consent, I pick up about eight tracking cookies each day. They usually are picked up from sites that have Tag Boards. They don't stay for very long. I run Spybot S & D every time I start my computer. See my links to download it for yourself. It is the best free spyware removal progam that there is! If you've got a nasty spyware program causing you problems, Spybot will remove it, unlike Ad Aware which seems to remove only tracking cookies if you run the free version.
4. Have any of these caused any problems with your PC? I once picked up a program that caused my CD ROM drive to open. It also opened foreign documents in my note pad. Each time I tried to close the window from the pop up that it came fom, it did something even more invasive. Who would install a nasty program such as this on your computer? Why, someone selling spyware removal programs, of course! Spybot S & D got rid of this for me straight away. What can I say? Patrick Kolla is God!!!
5. How often do you have to recover your PC (reformat to like you just bought it from the store)? Thank heaven, I have never had to reformat this particular computer. I bought it used, and it did not come with a recovery CD.
Since this meme is on hiatus for the week, I thought that it might be fun to do one from the archives. This one is from June 11, 2004.
1. What's the worst pet you've ever had? What earned it that title? Hmmmm... It's a toss up. My dog, Lady, has a bad habit of eating anything that doesn't eat her first which qualifies her for the title. I also had a hamster named Rug Rat when I was in college whose ability to escape from anything that you put her in was a real pain. Retrieving her after her escapes was always an adventure, considering the fact that pets were not allowed in the residence halls!
2. What's the worst thing one of your pets has ever done? Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while knows the answer to this one! Back in December, Lady ate a few of my Scorpions CDs. The thought of this still makes me cringe! It took me over five months to find another copy of World Wide Live , one of the discs that she damaged beyond repair.
3. My personal worst pet experience was a Rotweiler puppy with an appetite for everything!! In honor of her use the letters: B-R-O-W-N-I-E (her name) to describe a pet of yours!
I think that I shall describe Lady...
Bad dog! Red squeaky toy is one of her favorites Overly affectionate Wears a blue collar Needs to stop eating inedible objects! I love her despite her flaws. Ears! She has big pointy ears that stand straight up!
Two Brothers opens this weekend in theaters, the story of two twin tiger brothers that are taken into captivity and seperated. Ahh, the drama. We all love movies that are based upon a cute, cuddly, little animal. Well, I guess King Kong wasn't so cute and cudddly. Or little for that matter. So yeah, you guessed it. It's all about animals this week.
1. What's your favorite movie with an animal as the main character? That would have to be Disney's 101 Dalmatians . I loved both the animated and live action versions of that movie.
Glen Close was fantastic as Cruella DeVil!
2. Least favorite? And is it your least favorite because of the species of the main character, or just because it was a bad movie? Although I loved Bambi when I was just a wee girl, when I watched it as an adult I discovered that I no longer liked it. The story is just to darned depressing.
3. Do you prefer your movie animals to be animated or real? I have no preference. There are lots of great movies featuring both live and animated animals. Interesting fact: A lot of the animals that you see in live action animal flicks are, in fact, animated! Computer generated animation has become so advanced that it is often difficult to tell that these are not live animals.
Bonus~ If you were to star in an animal movie... What type of species would you want your leading animal to be. And why? C'mon be creative. Even name your animal flick. Did you ever see those children's books about Carl, the rotweiler? In them, Mom goes out and leaves Carl in charge of the baby. While she is away, Carl and the baby get into all manner of mischief. Of course, Carl and baby create a terrible mess during their escapades which Carl quickly cleans as Mom is coming up the driveway. Carl is a very talented dog! He puts the baby back in bed just before mom arrives. Mom sees that everything is in order upon her return and says, "Good dog, Carl!" I think that it would be fun to be the voice of the baby in a movie based on one or all of the Carl books. The name of the movie would probably be the same as the title of the first book in the series, Good Dog, Carl.
Guess-A-Hump Answer From the BDI Wednesday Mind Hump
It seems that my hump was much easier to guess than most of the other humps. Everyone's guesses were fairly accurate, with Winston's answer being 100% correct, since I gave no clue as to the manufacturer. Congratulations, Winston!
For the record, my hump is...
My black Fender 12 string guitar! Model DG 16, if anyone is interested...
Yep! That's right! It's Wednesday Mind Hump Day! *nods head enthusiastically to the tune of the Humpty Dance*
Today is Typewriter Day. In honor of the first patent on the typewriter ... wait, what's a typewriter? Is that anything like a keyboard? Okay, now we're talking. Using the letters K-E-Y-B-O-A-R-D tell us something about your blog or your blogging habits.
Keeps track of the weather in three different places Entries often have photos. Yellow smilies everywhere! Blobs dance near the top of the page. Orange Blogger logo. Archives of older entries available Red Stratocaster on the hit counter Daily updates (usually)
This week's hump -- an even dozen of "I say ___, you think ___"
1. stroke - A stroke of genius! 2. sketch - Etch-a-Sketch 3. poke - Pig in a poke 4. doh - Play Doh 5. tongue - Tongue in cheek 6. post - Post Office 7. twirl - Twirl a baton 8. fore - Before and after 9. cup - Cup-a-Soup 10. curly - Moe, Larry, and Curly 11. swim - Swimming pool 12. snooze - Snooze alarm
For extra fun, hump this:
Think of an item ...
...don't tell us what the item is. Now, describe that item in brief paragrah (the size, the color, etc) but don't give it away. Okay, now you're ready to hump it up. Replace the name of the item with the word "hump". Other players will come to your blog and try to guess what your hump is. Tomorrow morning, add the answer to your hump and for big fun add a picture.
My hump comes with strings attached. The bottom of my hump is hourglass shaped. My hump is mostly black, but there are twelve shiny silver pegs at the top of my hump. There is a hole in my hump!
Feel free to leave your guesses in the comments. The answer will be posted sometime tomorrow afternoon.
1. What do you think dreams mean? Do you think they predict the future? I think that our dreams reflect the things that we have on our minds, whether it be conscious or subconscious. I doubt that they predict the future, but they can be used as guides on our path.
2. Do animals have dreams? Did you never watch a dog while it slept? Of course animals have dreams! Why else would they twitch and whimper so much in their sleep?
3. Do celebrities have dreams about normal things/people? News Flash! Underneath the glamour, celebrities are just the same as you or me. Certainly their dreams would reflect this.
4. What do you dream about? I think that I shall answer with a picture...
If it is a really good dream, I am usually doing something like this
with one of them!
5. Do you dream up musicals (dreams with music)? I've played many a concert with The Scorpions in my dreams...
My but this was a really thought provoking dirt!
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
Unbreakable Has Finally Arrived In The U. S.
Yes, after a very long wait, the American edition of Unbreakable became available in stores across the U. S. today! I, of course, bought a copy, and so should you. The American edition is not marked as limited, but its content is exactly the same as the German limited edition CD. The packaging is typical of U. S. CDs, shrink wrapped plastic jewel case taped so tightly shut that you wonder if you are ever going to get it opened! The European packaging was much nicer... There is one good thing about the long awaited American edition. The error on the liner notes has been corrected. There is no longer any doubt about who wrote the music for the track Deep And Dark . I was right! The music was, in fact, written by Matthias Jabs. Yay! I knew that I recognised his style! *Lady Starlight dances across her blog in joy over being correct*
Here we see Matthias giving his guitar a big hug! Photo from the liner notes of the new CD.
Well, it's that time of the week again. Yup, you guessed it, it's Monday Mambo time!! So, without further adieu, we're going to get dancing early. Dance that mambo like that little girl up there! Go wild and crazy!
1. What band would you most like to see in concert? Oooo... Another chance for me to whine! I wanna see The Scorpions! Why are the no U. S. tour dates yet?!
2. Have you ever met any of the bands that you listen to? If not, what band would you like to have a close encounter with? When I was in college, I had a close encounter with Robert Lamm of Chicago. I spoke to him briefly by the stage door of what was then the Stanley Theater where I was going for a job interview. Such a shame that I didn't realize to whom I was speaking at the time! I also met John Lodge of The Moody Blues back in November. Lodgey hugs are such a beautiful thing... It is my fondest wish to someday have a close encounter with Matthias Jabs and Klaus Meine of The Scorpions...
3. What's your favorite music dvd? (This could be a concert, video compilation or musical) Tell us why you like it, too. The Scorpions Savage Crazy World My reasons for liking it should be obvious. It contains multiple versions of the videos for a lot of my favorite Scorpions songs, unedited too!
4. Tell us what your favorite music video is. I love the video for The Scorpions No One Like You. Klaus just looks so damned cute in those little gray speedos at the end of the video!
5. If you could have starred in a music video with any band, which video would you be in and why? I would have liked to have been one of the fans surrounding the cage in either version of The Scorpions Rock You Like A Hurricane video because it would've given me a chance to get my paws on both Matthias and Klaus!
This week's set of questions are all about you! Have a marvelous week!!
Do you prefer....
1. Long hair or Short hair? On myself I am learning to prfer short hair because it is easier to care for, but on men I prefer it long!
2. Contacts or Glasses? I'd love to be able to wear contacts, but I'm farsighted. I'd need bifocal contacts and they are a bit too pricey for me. Oh, well, I don't really need glasses, I need longer arms!
3. Spring or Autumn? Spring, because it leads to my favorite season, summer!
4. Mittens or Gloves? Gloves, there are just too many things that you can't do when wearing mittens...
5. Car or Truck/SUV? I like nice, sleek, sporty cars. I wish that I had one...
6. Mac or Windows? I've never used a Mac, so I can't honestly say.
7. Cats or Dogs? I love them both equally. I have two cats and one dog.
8. Rock or Jazz? "I love rock 'n roll, so put another dime in the jukebox, baby!"
9. Pen or Pencil? Definitely the pen. Pencils annoy me.
10. DVD's or VHS's? I prefer DVDs because they often have extra features and can be played on my laptop anywhere I go.
Sunday, June 20, 2004
It's Good To Be Home Again Well, not really...
Atlantic City was incredible. We had so much fun there that it is really a let down to be back. All good things must come to an end, and this trip insured that my vacation came to an end on a great note. I loved the boardwalk, even though walking it several times has left my legs rather sore. There were tons of shops there with all sorts of cool clothing for incredibly cheap prices! I probably spent more than I should have in them, but you only live once... The food both in the hotel/casino and on the boardwalk was also delicious! But I know that is not what you guys want to hear about...
Let's Talk About The Concert!
I've been to several Moody Blues shows now, and all of them have been fantastic, but this is the first show where I was able to get pictures. The security people at Wednesday's concert in Pittsburgh were a bunch of assholes, but that's another post entirely... This show more than made up for it though. I got some really great shots! Below you will find one of my pictures of Justin. It's watermarked for the sake of the Moody Bitch, but members of the human race can receive unblemished full sized copies of the photo by simply dropping me an email.
Funny thing about the Moody Bitch, she said that she was looking forward to seeing me in Atlantc City, but I saw neither hide nor hair of her. Judging by the times that she visited this blog, I would say that this is because she was never there. Liar, liar, pants on fire! Gee, M. B., you're stupid and you're a liar. That's two strikes. One more and you're out...
1. Do you prefer the beach or a pool? Beaches are fun for playing, but I prefer to swim in a pool. I'm not as thin as I used to be, so a pool in the backyard is ideal.
2. What kind of tan are you most likey to get during the summer... a beautiful, bronze, laying out in the sun for hours tan; a gradual, few
minutes a day tan; a "farmer tan" from working outdoors; or do you just get as red as a lobster and peel the next day? Definitely the farmer's tan with my right arm always being darker than the left. Blame it on the postal vehicle...
3. Which summertime water activity are you more likely to enjoy the most... boating, jet skiing, waterskiing, swimming or floating down a lazy river on a tube? It's terrible, but I get seasick on a rubber raft in a swimming pool! That rules out just about everything except swimming. I'm not a great swimmer, but I enjoy splashing around in the pool on occasion.
4. What is your favorite picnic food? Mmmm... Picnic salads! Macaroni salad, linguini salad, potato salad, etc. I could never choose just one. I love 'em all!
5. Do you know how to cook on a barbeque grill? Have gas grill, will barbeque!
Friday, June 18, 2004
An Interesting New Meme
I stumbled across this new meme last night. It looks to be loads of fun for an animal lover such as myself!
TGIFF!! It's Friday once again! Are we ready for Furry Friday?!
1. Have you ever owned an "exotic" animal? If so, what was it? I rescued an injured box turtle from the side of the road once. The poor thing's shell was badly damaged, causing it injury every time it retracted its head. It only lived for a few months afterwards, but at least it didn't spend its last days in fear of being run over.
2. Reptiles, your thoughts.... "I love them!" or "EWWWW SLIMY!!"? Reptiles are NOT slimy, they are dry and scaly! I like 'em! Some of my reptile friends have been, my mom's box turtle, she's been around for many years and loves to eat potato chips; and my Aunt Dolores's six foot iguana, Guangie. Guangie was paper trained, walked on a leash, and was loads of fun to play with.
3. If you were an exotic reptile what kind would you be (Describe yourself as much as you'd like.)? And why? I would like to be a chameleon so that I could hide among my surroundings and watch all that goes on around me.
Thursday, June 17, 2004
The Great Road Trip Begins Topmorrow!
I Am getting very excited. It's been at least twelve years since I've been on a real vacation. Perhaps even longer. But one thing is certain, I've never stayed anywhere quite as fancy as the Tropicana! Such a shame that the fancy room is going to be shared with my sister, but then if it weren't for her, I probably wouldn't be going there... Oh, well, maybe some day I'll get to share a room like that with some incredibly gorgeous guy. The estanged one, of course, reneged on his offer of the use of his car at the last minute. I figured that the rat bastard would do as much. We didn't let that stop us though. We rented a car. Now we will get to go in a nice brand new car. I'll just be a tiny bit poorer than I expected to be when I get home. Maybe not, I could hit the jackpot on the slots in the casino... Right now I am in the process of packing. I am such a woman... So far I have four dresses and two pants sets packed, for a two day trip!!! Got the make-up, night clothes, and other incidentals ready to go. Gotta set up the travel connection on the computer before we leave. So much to do! I hope that I don't forget anything...
In honor of Father's Day, this weeks questions are all about Daddy Dearest. From Robin Williams portrayal as a father willing to do anything to see his children in Mrs. Doubtfire , to the sins of Chris Cooper in American Beauty, all movie dads have made us feel one way or another. So no matter if your dad is a saint or something... else, today is their day.
1. What actor has best portrayed the role of loving father? Name the actor and the film. I think that I'll give a really weird answer here. Believe it or not, I think that Richard Roxburgh played the role of a very loving father in Van Helsing! Allow me to explain... His character, Count Vladislas Dragulia (Dracula), was doing everything so that his children might have life. For a guy who said "I have no heart. I have no soul. I feel no joy. I feel no sorrow. I am hollow, and I will live forever..." he certainly did care for his children , enough that he was killed during his quest to bring them life.
Hanging around, discussing his plans for the children with his brides.
2. What actor has best portrayed the role of world's worst father? Name the actor and the film. Offhand, I can't think of a single movie in which I saw someone play a really bad father.Maybe it's just the kind of movies I go to see...
3. If there was a movie to be made about your life, what actor would portray your father? It would have to be Andy Griffith. They look a lot like each other and (Tee Hee!) they're both named Andy!
Happy Father's day to all of you fathers out there.
June is National Mortician's Month. Wheeeee! No, wait ... Ewwww! So, because we're insane, instead of a mortician related warm up we're going to instead honor National Drive Safe Month. Yaaay! Using the letters L-I-C-E-N-S-E reveal some unusual things about your driving habits or your vehicle or what you do in your vehicle besides drive or ... well, you get the point. On to the hump!
Likes to play loud music in the car. Idling for long periods of time (such as at traffic lights) is annoying! Cusses when others drive like idiots. Eats lunch in the postal vehicle when working. Never runs over wild animals if they can be avoided. Seat is all the way forward for the shrimp! E is where the needle usually is on the gas guage!
This week a little getting to know you craziness.
1. You are a ride at a theme park. What are you and why? I am a rollercoaster because my moods go up and down very quickly.
2. You are an inanimate object and you have the same capabilities as a mood ring. What are you and how do you operate? Example: Mood Pen: The ink changes color depending on what the mood is. I am mood paint. When applied to walls, I will change colors with the moods of the occupants of the room.
3. You own the most unusual store in the world where you sell a product that's never been sold before - it could be anything from instant serenity to personality enhancers to holy drinking water that absolves your sins (that's no joke folks, it really exists). What is the name of your store, what do you sell and do you have a selling catch phrase? My store is called The Dieter's Dream! In it I sell a powder, which when sprinkled on food, removes all of the food's calories. This product is so incredibly in demand that I don't need a catch phrase to sell it!
4. Describe an item of clothing that has definitely seen better days but that you refuse to dispose of and still wear. Why won't you toss it? I have a black satin night gown with a matching robe that I positively love. The robe is still in good condition, but the straps on the night gown are beginning to come off at the seams. As long as I wear the robe over it, this cannot be seen. The set is very pretty and comfortable. I refuse to get rid of it until it completely falls apart.
5. Going on the belief that "It's the little things that count." what is some little thing that might seem insignificant to others that recently made you smile or gave you a really happy feeling? On the last day that I worked before starting my vacation, one of my customers left an envelope in his mailbox for me. It contained some coupons for items that I use and a note that said that he would be thinking of me while I was away and that he hoped I had a great time. How sweet!
Tuesday, June 15, 2004
Two Days Of Vacation Gone By... and what did I do?
I guess that I haven't done much at all for these first two days of my vacation, but that is how I planned it. The excitement will not begin until tomorrow with my attendance of the first Moody Blues show. It will peak at the end of the week with the Atlantic City Trip. For now, I am content to just stay at home and relax. Perhaps do a little blogging...
Since my desktop is still out of commission, I've been doing all of my blogging right here at the kitchen table.
Although I slept nearly until noon yesterday (Damn, that felt good), I did manage to get one productive thing done. Michael, my answer to maid service, started it, and I finished it. The "corner from hell" in my kitchen has been cleaned. I found dishes that I had forgotten that I had! I guess that spending all of my online time in the kitchen had forced me to take some notice of my surroundings. Unfortunately, most of my house still looks like this...
Oh, Mati We are soulmates!(and slobs) Let us come together and share our squallor...
Monday, June 14, 2004
Who Loves Ya, Baby...
It is so nice to know that I am loved. Such a shame that all of these people are not loved in return.
98% Of The Internet Loves Me!
I am loved by 98% of the population, including: 16728 people who love women 26479 people who love Star Wars fans 21581 people who love short peopleIn return, I love 77% of the population, including: 3894 vampires 19661 people who like vegetables 5200 Star Trek fans
I'm in a mood for memes! Today's dirt looked like fun...
1. What is your favorite film? My current favorite film is Van Helsing. I think that it is due to this guy...
2. What is your favorite type of film? It's a toss up! I love both comedies and sci-fi/fantasy films.
3. When was the last time you went to see a film? On this past Friday, I saw The Stepford Wives.
Christopher Walken is almost as yummy as Mr. Roxburgh!
4. Who do you like going to see movies with? I usually go to see movies with my sister, so I suppose that I like going with her. Heheheh! It beats the hell out of going with my kids!
5. Finally, if you could be in a film, what character would you be? I want to be Anna Valerius from Van Helsing. The lucky lady who plays her gets to do "make out" scenes with Richard Roxburgh and Hugh Jackman!!!
According to my statistics, I have made 52 posts here for Monday Madness; this means we are celebrating our one-year birthday here! I thought it would be fun to do something a little special this week, and after consulting Sherle, I've come up with this...
Using the following letters, name birthday-related words; nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, phrases; they are all allowed! Have fun!!
Happy birthday to you. You live in a zoo... Another year older Party time! Presents galore! Yummy birthday cake
Boxes with bows Ice cream Ribbons Top your head with a silly hat! Hardly seems like a year has gone by since the last one... Don't spit on the cake when you blow out the candles! Aging... You look like a monkey, and you smell like one too! P U! Tee Hee!
Well are we all ready to mambo our little socks off this week? I know I am! As always this week has a special theme to it.
I know you're all excited about it. Right? Come on...say "heck yeah I'm excited!" Ok, you don't have to go that far, but shall we get warmed up this week with a short little game?
The theme for this week is "Mood Music" so taking the first letters of the word "Mood" tell us something. Not necessarily about yourself... but something... Be as creative as you like. Get that brain a mamboing!!
Moody Blues show on Wednesday. Oh, boy! I am excited! Only two more days! Don't know if I can wait that long!
Are you warmed up? OK... Here goes.
1. What are some of the songs or albums that you play when you're angry? Anything that sounds good played really loud will do. Priscilla and Freshly Squeezed from The Scorpions' Eye II Eye work quite nicely.
2. What songs or songs always manage to cheer you up when you are sad. Once again The Scorpions come through with Du Bist So Schmutzig. I can understand only some of the lyrics that are in German. The title means "You Are So Dirty", but the English lyrics are quite amusing... Damn you Slam you Eat me like a menu Take it Brake it Kick it to the ground Empty Hollow It's so hard to swallow Gotta know what's your size
3. Do you have any songs that you associate with a special time of your life? If so, what was the song, and tell us about the event that it makes more special? I suppose that I associate The Long And Winding Road by The Beatles with my high school graduation, since it was our class song.
4. In the mood for love? What songs make you feel all warm and fuzzy? Warm and fuzzy?! Ewwww... I don't ever feel warm and fuzzy. I am a cynical, sarcastic, bitch, and proud of it, too! But, if someone wants to get me "turned on", he might try playing one of these songs: The Scorpions - Rhythm Of Love Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me or All Night
5. What song best describes the mood that you're in right now? Deep And Dark from The Scorpions new album, Unbreakable suits my general attitude towards life most of the time.
It's deep and dark Deep down in my heart...
There you have it! The Scorpions have a song to suit just about my every mood. I am so obsessed!