1. What was the name of the last movie you watched (dvd, vhs, theatre, or tv)? Van Helsing, for the third time! I love that movie!
2. What were you doing on the internet before coming here? Playing with My NeoPet!
3. What color of pen do you usually write with? I almost always use blue ink, but I prefer black.
4. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? My Mom. Even though I am at her house nearly every single day, we still talk on the phone!
5. When is your birthday? (month and day) I was born on Monday, November 20, 1961. Damn I'm getting old!
6. How organized is your computer desk? My desk top computer is currently out of commission. The hard drive died. Needless to say the desk is a bit of a mess with disconnected cables hanging everywhere. So, how am I managing to be online? My beloved laptop! The world is my desk!
7. How many calendars do you have in your house? The only calendar in my house is a wall scroll calendar that I got from a Chinese restaurant. It is quite pretty, but it is a few years old! I do have two current ones hanging by my desk at work, though.
8. Do you clip coupons and use them when doing your grocery shopping? Very seldom, since I don't get the Sunday paper.
9. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
10. Did you enjoy your weekend? There is a holiday this week, so it isn't over quite yet! So far, so good...
Cos Crazies...The Mambo This Week is "THIS IS YOUR LIFE" (in music)!
I'm going to post a few questions and you get to tell us which songs most suit that part of your life or event in your life.
1. Song By The First Band You Liked... I Think I Love You by The Partridge Family. I was so in love with David Cassidy back then.
2. The Song That Makes You Think Of Your Best Friend... Erm... I don't get out much. I don't have a best friend, I have a sister, who also just happens to be the author of this particular Mambo! She's gonna get clobbered for this question! I guess that just about any song by The Moody Blues makes me think of her. If I must pick one it would be Nights In White Satin, because she doesn't particularly like that one. Odd...
3. A Song By The First Band You Saw In Concert... Baby What A Big Surprise by Chicago. My brother promised me way back in my high school days to take me to see a Chicago concert. He never did, but they were still the first band I saw in concert way back in 1980 with my college roommate!
4. A Song That Reminds You Of College/School... Mickey by Toni Basil, because of the cheerleaders in the video.
5. A Song That Makes You Think Of A Boyfriend/Girlfriend (Love) Past Or Present... Another One Bites The Dust by Queen. Kelly Randall in my dorm room using a certain Queen album as a table to roll a...
Since none of these questions brought to mind a song by my favorite band, The Scorpions, I'm gonna add one of my own!
6. Song that makes you think of a deceased friend or family member... Eye II Eye by the Scorpions. Every time I listen to that song I think of my Uncle Ray. I'm not sure why...
What I Do When I'm Bored
Believe it or not, sometimes Lady Starlight gets bored! A fine example of this would be this weekend, when all of my lucky friends who have actual lives are not online. So what am I to do? Sometimes I take quizzes, like this one for discovering my zodiac personality...
Quite accurate, it was. Born on November 20, 1961, I am a Scorpio! The interesting thing about getting this ever-so-accurate result is that there was no question asking your birthdate! I guess that I'm just a classic Scorpion personality... Tee Hee!
I also found a site that makes custom acronyms from your name. Here's mine!
1. What time do you normally wake up? When I am working, which is Monday through Saturday, I wake up at about 6:15 AM. On non-working days (Sundays, vacations,holidays) I like to sleep in, usually until around noon, but a lot of times that just doesn't happen!
2. Do you wake with or without an alarm clock? Now, that's an interesting question. I sleep right through the sound of alarm clocks.They work themselves into my dreams! There is also no way that I'm going to wake up that early on my own! My solution to this problem is to have an early riser, usually my dad, call me on the telephone. The ringing of a telephone is the one sound that always manages to rouse me. I also am forced to walk into the next room to answer it, since I do not have a phone by the bed. That helps to keep me awake. I hate mornings!
3. Name the one thing you must have immediately to start your day. I'm a caffeinated type of person. I MUST have my coffee or I'm useless!
4. How long after you wake up do you turn on your computer? I've got quite a few friends in Europe and Asia who are online mostly while I am asleep, so I like to check my email before I go to work. The computer is turned on as I take my first sip of coffee!
5. Breakfast is considered the most imporatant meal of the day. Do
you eat breakfast every day? Ewwwww! The thought of ingesting anything other than a cup of coffee less than an hour after arising makes me want to gag! My only breakfast is a rather large mug of coffee.
Saturday, May 29, 2004
Question Of The Day...
Is Lady Starlight a bitch?
I shall leave it to you to decide. Following you will find copies of the two posts which started the whole Moody Bitch incident.
January 21, 2004
Hello, everyone. I am Lady Starlight Jabs, and I'm an image thief! Of course, I don't really see it that way. I'm still in denial. I was not aware that photos taken by amatuer photographrers and posted on message boards were something that could be stolen. I thought that photos which got posted on message boards were supposed to be there to be shared. I even could have sworn that the terms and conditions of message boards and website hosts hosts all said that if you do not want others to take your stuff, you should not post it! These photos also bear no legal copyright notice, just the photographers made up signature scrawled across them in some place which makes them harder than hell to edit. Why do these people not claim copyright? Here is my theory... These photos were not taken legally. Think about it. Don't all concert venues have a no flash photography rule? There's a good reason for it too. It's damned rude to take flash pictures of anyone while s/he is performing on stage. If these talentless bitches had ever been on stage performing, they would understand why. Which brings us to my next objection, why these bitches don't like others saving their images... These women obviously have no REAL jobs so they must find a way to fund their attendance of every concert given in the known world by their favorite band! How do they do this? Why by selling those not so legal photos that they have taken! I wonder... are they giving the guys in the band a cut of their profits, other than the money they spend on all of those concert tickets? I expect not, and THAT seems incredibly wrong to me. It is, after all, these guys' images that they are selling for profit. Without further ado, here is one of my (supposedly) stolen and edited images.
Take that, Moody Bitches!
January 22, 2004
Get A Life, Moody Bitch!
I was just sitting around, contemplating posting a lovely picture of my favorite concubine, Matthias Jabs, when I noticed it...the number of hits on my blog has increased dramatically. Mine is a humble little blog, read usually only by my close friends and a few people who are directed here by the weirdness of the Google search engines. It is very seldom indeed that I get more than ten or twelve hits in one day, so I was decidedly curious when my hit counter displayed that I had more than fifty visitors today! I logged into my counter account to see just who these people are who are responsible for my sudden burst of popularity. Imagine my surprise to discover that six of the last ten of my hits had come from the same IP! A little bit of investigating, and I discover that it is none other than the Moody Bitch! Geez, lady, you must really have no life. Does it really bring you pleasure to read over and over again that I think you are a brainless idiot?! You must be really proud of your stupidity. Quick, email my URL to all of your friends (if you have any) so that they can read all about how stupid you are. I don't mind. I appreciate the extra traffic!
But, that is enough ranting. It's time to get back to the finer things in life, and this one is quite fine indeed!
So, there you have it. I admit that I didn't talk very nicely about the lady and her friends, but I never invited her to come to read these posts. She chose to do so on her own. This is my personal weblog. It was written to be read by my friends and family members. It is filled with my thoughts and opinions. If she didn't like them, she could simply have chosen not to come back. She chose instead to visit these posts over and over. She has even bookmarked my site. Have I in some way forced her to do that? Most certainly not! Is it any wonder that I think that she is insane? Another interesting thing is the fact that I never mentioned who the Moody Bitches were or the name of the message board that they frequent. Certainly, I did post a photo that I found on that board, but it is highly edited. It could conceivably have come from any message board for Moody Blues fans. Don't tell me that she is arrogant enough to think that she and her cronies are the only Moody Blues fans who own a message board! This brings to mind another point. I have never invaded her peronal webspace. She may or may not have a personal website. I don't know, and quite frankly, I don't care! I have never attempted to conact her personally in any way, not by email, IM program, or message board(That's right. I have never posted on the message board from whence the photos come. I don't even have an account there to do so). I don't like the lady (or her friends, for that matter), so why on earth would I want to have discourse with her? I wish only that she would afford me the same treatment. She has left nasty comments on this blog, on the blogs of my friends and acquaintences, and in the guestbooks of my Fotolog and Matthias Jabs shrine. Thank heaven that all of these have block and delete features! And she says that I have done something to her! I sure as hell would like to know what it is that I have done. Is it merely my mention of Moody Bitches in my posts that offends her so? Then, as I stated before, she should stay the hell away from my blog. I also hereby grant her permission to say whatever she wishes about me in her own personal webspace! She thinks that I'm a fat, ugly slut. Hey, she's entitled to her opinion. She can post it all she wants on her own blog or message board or whatever. I certainly won't be stopping by to read it! Let her and the other Moody Bitches have a laugh at my expense, I don't care as long as it is not done on my website or in my name.
So, I ask once again, "Who is the real bitch here?" Most certainly it is not me!
Post Script To The Bitch Herself
But if you would like to know how big of a bitch I can be, just do one more thing. Attempt to contact me in any way, place another nasty comment on someone's blog using my name or anything else of that sort and I will post your IP addresses (all five of them) here in bold type for every hacker in the world to see! If you call me a bitch, I will be one for you... In a very big way, for I like to do things in a big way. I will not be just an ordinary bitch because
Look that one up in your German-English dictionary!
Friday, May 28, 2004
It seems that my business with the demented Ms. Blake is not finished yet, not by a longshot. This twisted woman was not satisfied with harassing just me. She has decided that it would be fun to visit the blogs of people who participate in the same memes as me and leave comments for them. These comments contain the URL for her Neandrethal attempts at image work and a claim that the picture is of me. She signs them using my name, Lady Starlight, and lists my blog as a homepage. There is probably no email link listed on these posts, as I don't think she knows my address. If you have received one of these comments, please accept my apologies.
I kindly ask you to delete these comments, and ban the author's IP range. Also, feel free to email the real author of these comments to tell her that you are onto her, and that if she doesn't stop, she will be reported to her ISP.
Once again, I would like to apologize for the actions of this foolish woman. Please try to forgive her. I know that I am trying. She is one truly sick individual who needs desperately to seek professional help!
If You Can't Get A Life Or at least get your meds adjusted...
It never ceases to amaze me how someone who doesn't know me from Adam can take such pleasure in harassing me. I am referring, of course to that self appointed moody policewoman, the Moody Bitch! She takes such offense in the fact that I post de-watermarked photos such as this one!
She seems to think I've committed some sort of moody crime. I've got news for her. I have not. Her "cutthroat" friend has no legal claim to copyright on these photos, despite the exhorbanent fees she charges for prints of them. Check your ticket stubs. I guarantee that somewhere on them you will see the phrase "No Flash Photography." Although this rule is seldom enforced by venues, it is still in effect at just about every one that I've been to. Since your friend's pictures were taken illegally, she is not entitled to claim copyright on them! End of story. I can understand that she is jealous of my ability to remove watermarks. She has shown me countless times that she has no talent at all when it comes to using photo editing software. Krikees! When she pasted my head on her own fat-ass body, she couldn't even do it in such a manner as to completely cover her own head! I'd give you a link to her lousy editing job, but why should I bother? She is certain to come back and post its location in my comments... That is, if she has yet another IP address which I haven't banned. The current count is five. You have to wonder why one person needs to use so many different ISP's. But, I guess when you make a career out of harassing people, you have to have some way to cover your tracks. She likes to sign her comments "Moody B." To that I say, get it right you stupid f*cking c*nt! It's Moody BITCH! You are a bitch, you always have been a bitch, and you always will be a bitch. With that said, I once again take my leave of you, Ms. Blake. I am so looking forward to deleting some more of your childish comments and banning a half a dozen more IP's from my comments!
1. The Back to the Future Trilogy sent Marty McFly 30 years into the future, 30 years into the past (twice!) and 100 years into the past. Which of these time periods would you like to visit in your 1.21 gigawatt-powered DeLorean, and why Hmmm...I would most definitely like to go into the past, but not into any of the time periods used in the movies. I want to go back to WW II Germany. I want to take all of my twenty-first century knowledge with me and argue genetics with Hitler. Sounds crazy, doesn't it? But who knows, If I were successful, I would be able to save countless lives, not to mention the fact that I would also save a nation from years of humiliation. If I weren't, I could just hop into the DeLorean and bring myself "Back to the Future!"
2. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was, of course, based on a famous trio of novels by JRR Tolkien. What sci-fi/fantasy/genre novels or series would you like to see turned into a Peter-Jackson-directed/George-Lucas-written/Steven-Speilberg-produced trilogy? The Trilogy that I would like to see made into movies is by a rather obscure sci-fi writer named C. J. Cherryh. I would love to see her original Foreigner trilogy made into films. The stories pertain to a group of lost human colonists and the native people of the planet that they are colonizing, the Atevi. The major human player in this saga is a sort of embassador/translator called the Paidhi. I even know who should be cast in this part. David Wenham!
3. Next summer, there will be two complete Star Wars trilogies in the history books. What's your strangest or most interesting Star Wars experience? I don't know if it could be called strange or interesting, but the experience that I remember the most is standing in a line that went all the way around the block to see the original Star Wars movie at the Coyle Theater.
Bonus - While the Jurassic Park and Indiana Jones movies are currently only trilogies, plans are in the works for a fourth movie in both series. What trilogy might've been better served with a fourth movie? Which trilogy would've been better if they had left it at only one movie? So long as Harrison Ford is playing Indiana Jones, I'm game for another movie in that series! If anyone else is playing the part, they can just forget it! Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones, and that's that! As for the Jurassic Park movies, I never much liked the first three. I can't see a fourth movie in that series being any good, either.
Today is also National Blueberry Cheesecake day. As a warm up, using the letters B-L-U-E-B-E-R-R-Y reveal some interesting facts about you.
Alrightee Then! Now that we're warmed up - let's hump, shall we?
Buys guitars on impulse! Likes to play her car stereo very loud. Uses three different computers. Enjoys playing word games. Buys too much stuff at WalMart! Everybody knows that I'm under the spell of your love Got nothing but you on my mind. (To Matthias Jabs) Riding busses makes her sick! Red cars are her favorite. Yearns for a chance to see The Scorpions in concert!
This week a "getting to know you hump" with an insane twist. Ready? Set! HUMP!
1. You are battery operated - what are you? What size batteries do you require and how many? Since I am always returning people's lost dogs, I suppose that I would be some sort of electronic device worn on a dog's collar that aids in the dog's retrieval should it become lost. I operate on two button cell batteries.
2. Ohmigosh! You're on the cover of the National Inquirer (or other trash magazine)! What is the headline? Give us an except for the inside story? Matthias Jabs Weds American Fan Following Very Brief Courtship The cover photo would, of course, be our wedding picture. Friends and fans alike of the Scorpions lead guitarist were surprised to hear of his marriage to this American woman mere weeks following a chance meeting during the band's current U.S. tour. It must be love. The new Mrs. Jabs, herself, insisted upon signing a prenuptual agreement...
3. If you could be ANY sex symbol (living or dead) who would it be and why? What question do you think you'd most get asked? Cher, because of all of her outrageous clothes and wigs. Also, because I would get a chance to be a singer, actress, and comedienne! People would ask me what my "real" hair looked like.
4. You are lighter than air, you float. C'mon, introduce youself - what are you? I am... ME! If I should ever get the chance to meet Matthias Jabs, I would most certainly be floating around in the air for weeks, or months, perhaps even years!
5. Your blog just won an award for being the best. What is it for? You've also been given an "award" for being the worst. What is it for. Best sarcastic rants on the web! Worst place to be if you're a Moody Bitch! Oh, no! I've broken my vow to ignore her!!
Extra credit hump: In honor of National Blueberry Cheesecake Day, what's the most creative use for a blueberry you can conjure up? Blueberry jewelry! Little blueberry stud earrings and strands of blueberries to be worn around the wrist and neck!
We've been busy in the past few weeks with series finales, lots of new movie openings, and crazy baby names! Let's recap a few. . .
1. Did you watch any of the finales (Friends, Frasier, The Practice, etc)? Which show do you wish would just end right now? Which would you like to have back? I've never been a big fan of Friends or The Practice, so I did not watch their series finales. I did enjoy watching Frasier from time to time, but unfortunately, I did not catch the finale of that show either. I have faith that I will get to see it many times over in re-runs. The shows that I would like to see end right now are all of those stupid "reality shows." I have yet to see anything in them that even remotely resembled reality. Why didn't they just call them "stab each other in the back" shows? That seems to me to be a more suitable description. The type of show that I'd like to have back is the variety show. Popular in the 60's and 70's, these shows were a great way for new talent to get exposure. Unfortunately, this type of show is virtually nonexistent now.
2. Gwyneth Paltrow named her new baby Apple Blythe Allison. Using the formula: name one random object, your mother's name, one random normal name, what would your celebrity baby's name be? Since I seem to be able to produce male children only, I am substituting my father's name for the mother's name part. My celebrity baby's name would be: Harley Andrew Matthias. Yes, I have secret fantasies of being a biker chick!
3. Any movie you're really looking forward to watching? If you already saw it, what did you think? Oh, yes. Van Helsing. I've already seen it twice. I plan to see it a few more times before it completes its run. I love that movie! Dracula is such a total hottie!
4. Recently, Cyndi Lauper's "Time after Time" and The Cure's "Lovesong" have been remade. Which song would you choose to remake (regardless of singing ability)? That's easy! I'd love to do yet another version of Wind Of Change with The Scorpions. This time, I would be singing harmony with Klaus!
5. American Idol will end this week. Do you think this year was fair or has the best singer already been voted off? American Idol?! There was never any real talent on that show to start with from what little I've seen. I don't watch that crap. Oh, lordie! Here come the nasty comments from American Idol fans...
Happy Birthday, Klaus Meine!
I interupt all of today's normal activities to bring you this special announcement. On this very day, Scorpions vocalist, Klaus Meine, celebrates his 56th birthday.
Mmmm... Looking good, Klaus!
If only his band would start touring in the U. S. I have a very special birthday present that I'd like to give him!
Are you crazies ready to rock the house with some Mambo action this Monday? I know you are!!
So lets get warmed up....Mambo around the room a few times. No, don't do that, you might be at work and people will think you're crazy!!
Let's start out by telling us a bit about yourself using the letters in the word "Mambo."
Matthias Jabs is her love god! Also adores Klaus Meine! Married the wrong guy. Bitch, according to the aforementioned guy! Overjoyed by The Scorpions' new album, Unbreakable.
And since we're all in a dancing kinda mood....here's the rest. It's a bit of "I say, you think," but with a twist.
I'm going to say one word...and you list as many things as you want that come to mind when you see it.
Are you ready?
Are ya sure?
Here it is.....
Dancing In The Street Save The Last Dance For Me White Men Can't Dance Dances With Wolves Dancing On The Ceiling Dance With Me Last Tango In Paris Last Dance, I'm drowning in the moonlight...
What A Weekend!
The weekend started out good enough. My sister and I went to see Van Helsing again. Why shouldn't we? The movie was great and full of oh-so-pretty men. Just look at Dracula. He can drink my blood any time he wants!
And then there is that cute little I'm-not-a-monk-I'm-just-a-friar, called Carl. The character is just so adorable and witty. You gotta love him! And, oh yes, he is played by this totally gorgeous babe.
After the movie we bought some more clothes at my favorite store, Dots. Next, we had dinner at Garfield's. Quite an enjoyable way to spend the evening.
But, all good things come with a price. On Sunday the weekend turned to shit! The graduation reception that our church had for the 2004 graduates, of which my oldest son is one, was incredibly boring, the food was awful, and I looked like a big fat cow in every picture taken of my son and me. ARRH!! But this is not the worst of it. When I got home on Sunday evening, I turned on my HP desktop. All seemed to be well until it started to make a horrible clicking noise. Everything froze completely. Pressing control, alt, delete produced no result other than to turn the screen totally black! I shut it down manually. I restart. ACK! More clicking! The operating system cannot be found. I get out my trusty system restore disk, thinking that it will solve the problem (Bye-Bye, program files!). It was not to be. The hard drive could not be found! The damned thing is deader than
a can of Spam!!!
This week it's all about blogs!
On to the questions...
1. I started blogging abouta year and a halfago. I started on Diaryland and moved here about six months later.
2. I try to post a new entry in my blog about everytwodays. Lately I've been posting at least once a day!
3. I read aboutfiveblogs on a regular basis. If you count the blogs where memes are posted, you can double that number!
4. I change my layout aboutonce or twicea year. Much more than that if you count all of the little tweaks I make to my layout on a regular basis!
5. I used toplay NeoPets way too much, and now I blog instead.
6. I spend more time blogging than I docleaning house.
7. I tend to blog (and visit blogs) most in theevening.
8. The thing I enjoy most about blogging isbeing able to share my rants with the world at large!
1. What is your favorite color? I am tempted to steal an answer from Matthias Jabs. "Blonde, Brunette, and Red" Yes, I will steal that answer. My favorite thing in the whole wide world is beautiful men! Their hair can be any color...
2. What is your favorite piece of clothing? The little black dress that I wore to the Moody Blues concert, because John Lodge touched it. That concert was in November. It is now May, and I still haven't washed that dress! I wonder why...
3. Where is your favorite place to eat out? Oh, that's a difficult question. There are so many good places to eat in this area. I guess I'll say the Little Bamboo. They make the best egg foo yung!
4. What is your favorite meal? That would depend upon where I'm eating. If I am eating out, anything Aisian or Italian will bring me great joy. If I'm home, it would have to be chicken paprikash, a sort of chicken and dumpling dish in a sour cream sauce.
5. What is your favorite sport or recreational game?
Tee hee! I just had to do that! But seriously, I enjoy watching football, the American kind. If I am forced to participate in a sport, then I would choose either bowling (Because everybody gets drunk when they go bowling and therefore they don't notice how bad I am.) or field hockey (Because I'm good at it).
Saturday, May 22, 2004
Uh - Oh!
I was sitting there, admiring the lovliness of the liner notes of my newly obtained copy of Unbreakable when I noticed it.
No, I am not referring to the fact that Matthias obviously really loves his guitar! If I owned a Gibson Explorer like that one, I'd be hugging it too! It was, rather, a discrepency in the authorship of the music for the song Deep And Dark that I noticed. In the track listings it states that the music for this song was written by Matthias Jabs, but on the lyric sheet it says that it was written by Rudolf Schenker. Obviously there is a misprint in one of the listings, but the question remains, "Who really did write the music?" I tend to think that it was probably Matthias Jabs, as I have never before seen him write lyrics to a song without writing at least some of the music.The music also has a certain feel to it that I associate with songs that he has written. If this is the case, I beg of you, Matthias, please don't unleash any squirrelly wrath upon your label. Do not call them incompetent, even though they are! These people just don't take kindly to things such as that, just ask Justin Hayward. He unleashed his wrath about some misprints that his record label had made and now the re-issue date on some of his works are continually being pushed back further and further. Coincidence? I think not! The American release date for Unbreakable is already ridiculously late at June 22. Don't tempt the execs to make it any later. Let me do your ranting for you!
And if, perchance it was you who wrote the music, Rudolf, I beg of you to heed the same advice!
Once again, I'm doing this particular meme a day late, but it is a good one. I just couldn't pass on doing it!
Words You Say...
1. The word you know how to say in many different languages... I know a smattering of phrases in several different languages, but I am fluent in none other than English. The phrase that I know in the most languages is "Good Night." Spanish - Buenas Noches German - Gute Nacht French - Bonne Nuit Italian - Buona Notte
2. Your favorite word to say... There is a plethora of long obscure words that I enjoy using, but I suppose that my favorite among them would be (You guessed it!), "Plethora."
3. The word you love to hear... Does anyone ever hear the words "I love you" often enough? On a lighter note, I love to hear Klaus Meine attempt to say any English word that begins with a "W". "The veak vill fall, the strong remain..." It makes me giggle!
4. The word you are always embarassed to say... Definitely "sorry", because any time that I have to say it, I have done something embarassing.
5. The word you're constantly saying... Someone once asked me if I had ever been in the navy. When I inquired as to why he had asked such a question, he replied that I cuss like a sailor. I do not deny it. He was right. So, it stands to reason that the word that I say most often would be a naughty one. I suppose that it is probably the "granddaddy of all cuss words", the dreaded F-word! When I get angry, that one just flows right off my tongue, and that's the f*cking truth!
1. What is your favorite animated movie? That is a very difficult question to answer. I love animated films. I think that the real reason that I had children was so that I wouldn't feel so foolish going to see Disney flicks! If I must choose one, I suppose it would be 101 Dalmatians. Gotta love all of those cute doggies!
2. Which animated movie is your least favorite? This question is much easier. The Emperor's New Groove was so bad that I fell asleep while trying to watch it. Disney should be ashamed to have their name on that one. It was definitely not up to their usual standard for quality animation.
3. Who is your favorite animated movie character? Another difficult decision! I suppose that I'll stick with the main characters in my favorite movie, the dalmatians, all 101 of them! I could never choose just one!
* Author's Note *
My all time favorite animated character is not from a movie, but rather from the animé series Gundam Wing.
Treize Khushrenada, the ultimate animated Aryan hottie!
Let's warm up with a new exercise. Think of a cliché, a favorite saying, a sampling of your favorite lyrics or a snippet from your favorite poem or movie. For instance, "... the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth." Now, hump it up! Here's how the example would translate, " ... the hump, the whole hump and nothing but the hump." The possibilities are endless ... have fun with it! Ready? Hump it up!
Hump 'em or leave 'em No rhyme or reason...
Okay, now that we're all warmed up let's move on to a little Mind Humping fun with "I say ___, you think ___." In response to the following list of words enter the first words, phrase, idea or thought that comes into your ever humpin' mind. Ready? Put on your humping caps.
1. lipstick - Tube... It comes in a tube. 2. dust -Dust Bunnies, the little guys who live beneath my couch! 3. scissors - Runs with scissors. Bad! 4. balls - AC DC. That band has done so many songs about balls! Big Balls, Balls Against the Wall... 5. sponge - Sponge Bob Squarepants! 6. bottom - Bell bottom blue jeans. Do you remember those?! 7. doodle - Doodle Bug. It's a ride at an amusement park, but I can't remember which one. 8. bottle - Baby bottle pops. I've been watching too many commercials for these. 9. cheese - Behold the power of cheese... 10. queen - Queen of Hearts. A song, a playing card, and a character from Alice In Wonderland all rolled into one!
Tuesday, May 18, 2004
It Has Arrived!
Although it is not slated for U.S. release until June 22, I received my copy of The Scorpions, Unbreakable yesterday. Not one for waiting, I had placed two seperate orders for the European edition. I had assumed that the orders were for the two different versions of the album, but was quite surprised to discover that both were for the limited edition version. There was a vast difference in the pricing between the two sites where I had placed the orders. As the lesser priced order arrived first, and the other order still had not shipped (for reasons unknown), I was able to cancel the higher priced order. My advice to anyone who wants this CD is to order the import version from CD Universe. It is one incredible, kick-ass metal album, well worth any price or wait, but why wait when you can have it now?! I am reccommending CD Universe for this purchase since their order shipped faster and the price was more than twenty dollars less than what the folks at Amazon were asking. Heed my advice, fellow metal heads! This album will blow you away!!!
Just to whet your appetite for what I consider to be one of The Scorpions best works ever, I give you the following...
A picture from the liner
The lyrics two my two current favorite songs from it.
Love 'Em Or Leave 'Em Klaus Meine/James Kottak
Blowing 'cross the universe Like a shooting star that lost its way Looking back with no regrets Living for what hasn't happened yet
Love 'em or leave 'em No rhyme or reason Break out to make out No change in the season Love 'em or leave 'em Put out or get out Simple survival No more denial Love 'em or leave 'em
Roller coaster flies off the track Hits you in the face, stabs you in the back They take your right, leave nothing left Steal you blind, your mind and leave you deaf
Love 'em or leave 'em No rhyme or reason State of the nation Pure intoxication Feel the vibration The anticipation Simple survival No more denial
Don't wanna waste no time I'm never losing track I've seen it all and so much more But I ain't seen nothing yet
Love 'em or Leave 'em No rhyme or reason Break out to make out No change in the season Feel the vibration The anticipation Simple survival No more denial
Love 'em or leave 'em
Deep And Dark Matthias Jabs/Klaus Meine
Down, I am down On the ground, sad and tired I'm down, It's over now Yes I'm down, should I like it
It's deep and dark Deep down in my heart It's deep and dark Since we've been apart
Is this love that comes around That takes me up light years higher 'cause I wanna feel love once again
It's deep and dark Deep down in my heart It's deep and dark Since we've been apart
It's deep and dark Deep down in my heart It's deep and dark Without someone to love.